Get your geek on! Dive Theory Online is exactly that - all theory, all from the comfort of your couch. No pool or dive sessions are required.
PADI Dive Theory eLearning contains comprehensive explanations and examples to help you learn about dive physics, physiology, skills, equipment, environmental considerations, decompression theory and the Recreational Dive Planner (RDP). Each of the program’s six section contain short topics that detail concepts supported by images and graphics. You learn why and how, then test your understanding via knowledge check questions. End-of-section assessments verify your mastery of the entire topic and are automatically scored.
PADI Divemaster, Instructor Development Course (IDC), IDC Staff Instructor and Course Director candidates will find this program useful to prepare for dive theory exams. You may be able to get credit toward the dive theory portion of the PADI Divemaster, IDC, IDC Staff Instructor or Course Director Training Course (CDTC) exams if you’ve successfully completed Dive Theory eLearning within 12 months. Divers of all levels can use the program for personal enrichment.
Sections and topics include:
- Dive Physics – heat, light and sound in water, water pressure, buoyancy and gases underwater
- Physiology – circulatory and respiratory systems, responses to nitrogen, thermal change, and pressure changes on body air spaces
- Equipment – scuba systems, cylinders, valves, regulators, gauges and dive computers
- Dive Skills – buoyancy control, problem management and emergency first aid, navigation, search and recovery, communications, night and altitude diving skills
- Environment – physical oceanography, current, waves, tides, aquatic life and responsible diving practices
- Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) – decompression models, dive tables, dive computer use and special rules, recommendations and considerations
Time Commitment: Approximately 12-16 hours. Better get some snacks.